Friday, January 6, 2017

I'm Giving This Thing a Shot


The first time I ever thought about starting a blog was back when I had just graduated high school, about to enter my first year of college. I had just finished a six week internship with the Little Sisters of the Poor at the Mullen Home in Denver. I was bored, the house was quiet, and I had a lot of thinking time to myself.

And here I am now, two and half years later. The house is quiet, and I have even more thinking time to myself. The only difference is my boredom is my own fault because I avoid laundry, aka the bane of my existence.

I wasn't going to even think about starting a blog again until an article I wrote on the Young Catholic Woman (manned by the amazing Carolyn Shields) reached a surprising number of people. I really can't take all the credit, however! It only reached a wider audience only because my MIL, Leila Miller of "The Little Catholic Bubble", shared it among her much wider circle of friends. I was then encouraged by several people to start of blog of my own.

So I figured I would. But be forewarned! The things I have to write may seem, to some, like indiscriminate wanderings of the mind. However, I enjoy writing my thoughts down. Though I've never been the best at journaling, it is a skill my mother and spiritual director taught me to value a long time ago. I find that sometimes it is the exact remedy to solve a long fought interior struggle, or to speak finality at said struggle's end. Nine times out of ten, I don't find my solution or have clarity of mind in a situation, whether it be mental or spiritual, until I actually talk about it to another person... or in this case, write it down. All on God's timing I suspect!

So I suppose the purpose of this blog is to share the occasional reflections I have in my quiet time and to give credit to the graces and joys God has given me! I am a complete amateur, so soft judgements for now are appreciated! God willing, we shall see how far and how well this thing goes!

Thank you for reading and feel free to make your presence known in the comments!

1 comment: